"Trust and Surrender" by Erika Sanchez


Hello Brave Hearted Steppers,

Surrendering to God has always been a challenging journey for me. I'm referring to a complete and genuine surrender, where I offer my heart and everything I hold dear to God. In my quest to cultivate this surrendered heart. In my case, I had to learn the hard way! Why so? 

I learned that surrendering and trusting God was my only hope and chance for my life to change for the better. It was not easy but it’s all worth it!

Trusting and surrendering to God means placing our faith and reliance on Him completely. It involves acknowledging that God is in control and surrendering our own desires, plans, and outcomes to His perfect will. It requires letting go of our own understanding and submitting to His wisdom and guidance. Trusting and surrendering to God also means entrusting Him with our fears, worries, and burdens, knowing that He is faithful and capable of taking care of us. It is a continual process of surrendering our lives to Him, seeking His will, and relying on His strength and provision. 

In Proverbs 23:26, God says, “My son, give me your heart and let your eyes delight in my ways.”

In Proverbs 3:5, The Lord says: "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding” (Proverbs 3:5). The verse instructs us to put all our trust in the Lord and not our own knowledge. The verse tells us not to be reliant on our strength and knowledge, but to trust in the Lord!

God knows exactly what he wants for your life. He has a purpose for you and has everything planned out. He knows who you are going to marry, how many kids you are going to have, what job you will have, and every other detail of your life, both big and small. He knows what you are going to do tomorrow, next month, and years down the road. Do not doubt his plan, because he knows all and he has a perfect plan.

Why is trust so important to God?

Having faith is having trust. You have to trust with your entire being that God has your back that he will help you and take care of you. He knows what is best, but to truly embrace what he has planned for you, you have to fully trust. Our trust is not foolish, for our God is both faithful and good.

What does God do when we trust him?

Trusting God will help us wait on him when he delays or is silent regarding our prayers or the fulfillment of his promises. If he delays, it is for a good reason. His actions are founded on his wisdom and love.

When surrendering, It’s not just about giving up control, but rather entrusting our lives to our Loving God who has our best interests at heart.

James 4:7 says, "Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” This verse succinctly captures the essence of surrender. By submitting to God, we gain the strength to resist temptation, knowing that evil cannot stand in the presence of divine surrender! 

So I end with this, if you struggle with surrendering and trusting God. Say this prayer in Faith and allow yourself to trust and surrender to him! 

I trust You, Lord, with whatever You allow into my life and whatever Your will brings. Father forgive me for the many times when I have made things all about me; my way, my will, my plans, my dreams. I surrender my will and cry out for Your will only in my life in Jesus' name! 

Blessings,
Erika Sanchez ❤️
Brave Hearted Blogger

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thrive as a Brave Hearted Stepper by Lourdes Hernandez

Seeking God for who He is by Cherice Hernandez

"Do it Afraid" by Pastor Lourdes Hernandez