Rise Up & Pray by Lissette Camacho

 

Hello Brave Hearted Steppers!

First, I’m so thankful to God for this opportunity to be able to share my heart with you through my first blog.

When Maria asked me if I would consider writing something for the blog page-I was both, excited and honored. Quite honestly-even nervous.

Then I read the topic title and asked the Lord, what should I share regarding my prayer life? And immediately the thought came to me. So here we go…..

Last year, April 17th, 2023 I lost my beautiful daughter on her 37th birthday. That day was the worst day of my life! But, even though I was so broken, it was also the season that led me into Rise up and Pray.

My prayer life has completely changed since that day forward. I used to pray before, but when you have suffered a loss of such magnitude-you will quickly learn to pray with your face to the ground.

Your prayers become like King David’s prayer when the Lord sent word that his son will not live.

2 Samuel 12:16 NIV
"David pleaded with God for the child. He fasted and spent the nights lying in sackcloth on the ground”.

You see, the Lord gave me a dream and a warning that He would be taking my daughter. I found myself pleading with God as King David did, asking for mercy-hoping He would spare her life; 3 days later, she passed away.

To better understand my plea to God, My daughter struggled for years with a sickness and I believe the Lord knew she was tired of fighting.

In the midst of my prayer and pleading, God sent me a word that His plan was still moving forward. He also sent forth a word and told me that my prayers for her were not in vain. I knew then, my daughter would be leaving with the Lord.

Here’s the positive side of it. Here’s where God gets glorified. The pain drove me closer to God. His Word became more live and real in my life. I found myself leaning on Him more and more each day. There was no way, still to this day that I could start my day without Rising and Praying.

I quickly learned how much I needed God. I quickly learned that through prayer, He heals the brokenhearted.

Psalm 147:3 NKJV
"He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.”

I quickly learned that He comforts those who mourn and that He understands our pain and suffering. 

Matthew 5:4 NLT
"God blesses those who mourn, for they will be comforted.”

I quickly learned through this process that if I seek Him, I will find Him. Jeremiah 29:13 NKJV "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”

That if I lean on Him, he will give me the strength I need and I don’t have to live a life of defeat.

Psalm 55:22 GNBUK
"Leave your troubles with the LORD, and he will defend you; he never lets honest people be defeated.”

That His joy is my strength.

Nehemiah 8:10 NIV
"Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”

That I can do ALL things through Christ Jesus that strengthens me. 

Philippians 4:13 NKJV
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”

I can tell you today that a year later, my prayer life is EVERYTHING to me. It is my straight communication with the Father. That praying is not based on the length of time but a heart position.

Proverbs‬ ‭23‬:‭26‬ ‭NIV‬‬
“My son, give me your heart and let your eyes delight in my ways”.

That the Lord seeks and desires for us to spend time speaking to Him. After all, that’s what prayer is about, us talking to Father and Him talking back to us.

When we give Him our first through prayer, we are letting Him know, I need you and without You. I can’t do anything. John 15:5 reminds us of that. The good news is that when we do lean on God, he promises that we will bring forth good fruit.

John 15:5 NKJV
"You are the branches. Whoever abides in Me, and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit. For without Me, you can do nothing”.

I believe I’m in the beginning season of bringing forth good fruit. That through my testimony people are being encouraged and healed but none of this would have been possible if I first hadn’t learned to; Rise Up and Pray.

Would you take time starting today to go deeper in your prayer life with the Father? He desires to hear your voice.

Pause-Pray and Take 30!

Blessings to you all,
Lissette Camacho
Founder of He did for love ministry (He did it for love ministry | Facebook)

*We hope you enjoy your weekend! Just a quick heads-up: we’ll be back with fresh, exciting content on Monday, August 5, 2024. Make sure to mark your calendars and check back in for the latest Brave Quotes, Life Applications, Blog Posts, etc. You won’t want to miss it! Many Blessings!*

Comments

  1. Good morning & God bless!

    First, I am truly sorry for your loss 馃様
    Thank you for sharing such a personal and intimate story. I struggle a lot with depression and anxiety, whenever I feel this way I pray and it truly does help. You don’t feel so alone and your heart feels so full!
    My only wish is to go deeper into prayer which I have not honed into yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beautiful part about prayer is that the Lord looks at our heart posture. That He instructed us to pray without ceasing. Which means that it is possible to go in deeper in prayer. All you have to do is recognize that He is with you always. Never limit yourself to one place of prayer. Since prayer is talking to God and God talking back to us…anytime you call upon His name, he’s listening. God bless you. Thank you for reading my blog.

      Delete
  2. My deepest sympathy on such an immense loss. 馃檹 i am so grateful that you shared your testimony ( one of many im sure). I love to hear people's testimonies. It makes me want to learn and get closer to God more and more. What a vessel you have become for the word of God! But of course God knew that when he formed you! 馃槈馃檪

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen. Thank you so much. God bless you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thrive as a Brave Hearted Stepper by Lourdes Hernandez

Lev谩ntate Y Ora by Erika Gonzalez