Brave Blog | When I Don't Feel Strong Enough by Rev. Maria Guzman


 “For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength.” — Philippians 4:13 (NLT)

Hello Brave Hearted Steppers,

There have been moments in my life when I’ve looked at what was in front of me and quietly thought, “I don’t know if I have the strength to do this.”

Maybe you’ve felt that way too.

Sometimes life asks more of us than we think we can give.

There are responsibilities to carry.

Unexpected challenges to face.

Difficult decisions to make.

And seasons that leave us emotionally, mentally, and spiritually tired.

If we’re honest, there are days when we don’t feel Brave Hearted at all.

But God has been teaching me something beautiful.

Being Brave Hearted doesn’t mean I always feel strong.

Sometimes being Brave Hearted means admitting, “God, I can’t do this without You.”

For a long time, I thought I needed to have it all together before I could move forward.

I believed I had to be strong enough, wise enough, and capable enough to handle whatever came my way.

But I’ve learned that God never asks us to depend on our own strength (Proverbs 3:5).

He invites us to depend on His.

There is so much freedom in realizing that I don’t have to carry every burden by myself (1 Peter 5:7).

I don’t have to have every answer.

I don’t have to figure out the entire journey before taking the next Brave Hearted step.

I simply need to trust God with today.

That’s what I love about Brave Heartedly walking with Him.

He doesn’t just give us strength and send us on our way.

He walks with us every step of the journey.

When we are tired, He is there. (Matthew 11:28)

When we are discouraged, He is there. (Joshua 1:9)

When we are afraid, He is there. (Psalm 34:4)

When we stumble, He is there. (Psalm 37:23-24)

And when we feel like we can’t take another Brave Hearted step, His strength becomes greater than our weakness.

I’ve discovered that God’s strength often shows up in the ordinary moments.

It comes through His peace when anxiety tries to overwhelm us.

It comes through His grace when we feel like we’ve reached our limit.

It comes through His presence that reminds us we are never walking alone.

Maybe today you’re facing something that feels bigger than you.

Maybe you’re tired of always being the strong one.

Maybe you’re wondering how you’re going to keep moving forward.

If that’s where you are, let me encourage you with this:

Stop trying to be strong enough on your own.

Bring your weakness to God.

Bring your weariness to God.

Bring your fears to God.

And trust Him to strengthen your Brave Hearted steps.

You don’t need tomorrow’s strength today.

You only need God’s grace for today’s Brave Hearted step.

So, Brave Hearted Stepper, keep moving forward.

Not because you have everything figured out.

Not because you always feel strong.

But because the God who walks with you is your strength.

One step.

One prayer.

One day at a time.

Because when God strengthens your Brave Hearted steps, you can keep moving forward with confidence and hope.

Brave Hearted Takeaway
I don’t have to be strong enough for everything. God is my strength, and He will give me the grace I need for each Brave Hearted step I take.

Many blessings!

Rev. Maria Guzman
Founder, Brave Hearted Ministry
Equipping, Encouraging, and Empowering Others to Live Brave Heartedly.

Comments