Brave Blog | I Don’t Need to Know Every Step by Rev. Maria Guzman


"Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path." Psalm 119:105 NLT

Hello Brave Hearted Steppers,

I have to be honest with you.

There have been many moments in my life when I wished God would just give me the whole plan.

I wanted to know where I was going.

I wanted to know how everything would work out.

I wanted to know what was waiting for me around the next corner.

Wouldn’t it be easier if God just handed us a map and said, “Here you go. This is exactly what is going to happen. This is where you’re going. This is how everything will work out.”

But that’s not usually how faith works.

At least, that’s not how it has worked in my life.

God has often given me enough direction for the next Brave Hearted step—but not necessarily the entire journey.

And I have had to learn to be okay with that.

That’s not always easy.

Sometimes I want answers before I move.

I want certainty before I trust.

I want to know the outcome before I take the risk.

But God has been teaching me that I don’t need to know every step to take the next one.

Sometimes the next step is to forgive.

Sometimes it’s to wait.

Sometimes it’s to begin.

Sometimes it’s to rest.

Sometimes it’s to speak.

Sometimes it’s to be silent.

Sometimes it’s to let go.

Sometimes it’s to try again.

And sometimes, the bravest step is simply to keep going.

I think we can become so focused on figuring out what comes next that we miss what God is asking us to do right now.

I’ve had to remind myself that God’s guidance doesn’t always come with a detailed explanation.

Sometimes it comes through His Word.

Sometimes through prayer.

Sometimes through wise counsel.

Sometimes through a quiet conviction in our hearts.

And sometimes, we simply have to take the step in faith and trust God with what comes next.

That doesn’t mean we won’t feel afraid.

It doesn’t mean we won’t have questions.

It doesn’t mean we won’t wonder if we’re making the right decision.

It means we choose to trust God even when we don’t have all the answers.

Walking with God doesn’t mean I will always know where the path is leading.

It means I know Who is walking with me.

And that changes everything.

So, Brave Hearted Stepper, if you’re facing an uncertain season right now, I want to encourage you not to become discouraged because you can’t see the whole road.

You don’t have to.

God does.

You don’t have to carry the weight of knowing everything that is ahead.

You don’t have to have every answer before you move forward.

You don’t have to know every step.

You simply need to trust the One who is guiding your steps.

So, take the next step.

And then the next.

And then the next.

Walk by faith.

Walk with courage.

Walk with God.

Because even when you cannot see the whole path, God is still faithful to guide your steps.

Brave Hearted Takeaway

I may not know where every step will lead, but I know the One who is leading me. I don’t need to know the whole journey to trust God with my next step.

Many blessings!

Rev. Maria Guzman
Founder, Brave Hearted Ministry
Equipping, Encouraging, and Empowering Others to Live Brave Heartedly.


 

Comments