Brave Blog | When God's Protection Doesn't Look Like What I Expected by Rev. Maria Guzman
"7 The Lord keeps you from all harm and watches over your life. 8 The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever." Psalm 121:7-8 NLT
Hello Brave Hearted Steppers,
There have been moments in life when I thought I knew what was best for me.
I prayed for certain doors to open. I asked God to make certain things work out. I wanted the path ahead to look a certain way.
But sometimes, the door closed.
Sometimes, the plan changed.
Sometimes, I found myself walking a road I never expected to travel.
And in those moments, I had to learn that God’s protection doesn’t always look the way I expected it to.
Sometimes, protection is God saying, “Not this way.”
Sometimes, protection is a delay.
Sometimes, protection is a closed door.
Sometimes, protection is a change in direction.
And sometimes, God’s protection is not found in being kept from something difficult. Sometimes, it is found in His presence giving us the strength to walk through it.
We may not understand the reason behind every closed door or unexpected turn, but we can trust that God sees what we cannot see.
That is what makes walking with God different.
We don’t have to know the entire route.
We just need to trust the One who does.
As I reflect on my own journey, I am reminded that God’s protection is not always about keeping me from every difficult experience. Sometimes, His protection is found in knowing that He will be with me through every experience.
So, Brave Hearted Stepper, if you’re standing at a door that won’t open, don’t lose heart.
If your plans have changed, don’t assume that God has abandoned you.
If the road looks different than you expected, don’t stop trusting.
You may not understand the path today, but you can trust the God who sees the whole journey.
God protects my steps—even when His protection looks different than I expected.
And sometimes, the very thing I thought was an obstacle may actually be God’s protection.
So, I will keep walking.
I will keep trusting.
I will keep following.
Because my confidence isn’t in knowing exactly where every step will lead.
My confidence is in knowing Who is walking with me.
And if God is with me, I can keep moving forward.
Brave Hearted Reflection
Is there a closed door, unexpected change, or difficult season that you need to trust God with today?
This Week’s Brave Hearted Reminder
“I may not understand every step, but I can trust the God who watches over them all.”
Many blessings!
Rev. Maria Guzman
Founder, Brave Hearted Ministry
Equipping, Encouraging, and Empowering Others to Live Brave Heartedly.

.png)

Comments
Post a Comment